Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Letter to the University of Pennsylvania

Annenberg School of Communication
University of Pennsylvania
3620 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
19104-6220


To Dr. Michael X. Delli Carpini,

Thank you for your letter in late February. As you know this was an especially competitive year and I've been particularly impressed with the rejection letters I've received this year. With such a promising field of candidates, the decision making process has been especially difficult.

While there is no easy way to say this, I regret that I am unable to accept your refusal to offer me admission into the Fall 2011 doctoral cohort. Despite your excellent qualifications and experience in rejecting potential doctoral students, your letter does not suit my needs at this time.

Therefore, I will be assuming a position on your doctoral cohort this coming August. I will be attending the accepted student orientation the last weekend of March and I look forward to seeing you there.

Respectfully,

Greg Perreault

1 comment:

Alex Pearson said...

I love you.